concussion is unique
requires an individualized evaluation and treatment approach. Common symptoms include headaches, dizziness,
light and/or noise sensitivity, double or blurred vision and difficulty thinking.
Most concussions resolve independently with many individuals reporting no symptoms after 7-10 days.If your symptoms have
not resolved, it is important to know that Physical and Occupational Therapy can help with headaches, balance, dizziness, stability, focus, gait and mood. Your treatment plan will focus on reducing symptoms and determining the root cause of those symptoms still bothering you.
Our team will work closely with you, your
referring physician(s), coaches and employers on your recovery.
What our comprehensive program means for you:
- Vision, vestibular/balance, cervical/neck and exertion testing (Buffalo Concussion Treadmill Test)
- Vision rehabilitation
- Vestibular rehabilitation (add link back to vestibular section please)
- Aerobic exercise and sport specific training that does not intensify symptoms
- Balance testing and training
- Pre-season baseline testing
- Return to play protocol – our therapists take athletes through this specific protocol and work with a team athletic trainer and coaching staff
- Return to work and life training
Free ImPACT Baseline Testing:
Moscow Mountain Sport &PT and ReActiv Training Center are both proud to offer FREE ImPACT baseline and post-injury computerized neurocognitive testing to all our local athletes. Testing takes approximately 30 minutes. Post-injury test results are provided to your physician to provide additional and valuable information to help in the decision of return to play. If a baseline has not been done, we can still do a post-injury test as we can compare the results to ImPACT’s large datebase. Baseline tests should be done every 2 years – contact us at 208-882-1426 to schedule your athlete or your entire team!
If you are unsure if you need a full evaluation, we offer complementary post-concussion Vestibular Ocular Motor Screen (VOMS). The VOMS takes approximately 15 minutes to complete, and allows the therapist to quickly access the vision and vestibular system which will help aid the health care team to understand where the patient is at with regards to healing as well as which areas of the brain are more involved (to help direct concussion rehabilitation. For more information on the VOMS screen: